Pages

12/30/10

Time to De-Clutter My Life!

My first blog........

I have read blogs for years, I love reading blogs and have always wondered what I could have a blog about. Would anybody read it. What would I write about. Well there has been plenty for me to write about really but it's finding the time to sit down and actually write. So today, here I sit, looking at my very disorganised house, clutter everywhere and I have to do something about it! So I thought, I will blog about my disorganised life and hopefully it will become organised once again.

I am a firm believer that if your house is cluttered then your whole life is cluttered and I know that the worse my household cutter becomes the worse the clutter gets in all other areas of my life. It is just not me, I am such an organised person! I have to be organised for travel, reservations, appointments, son's activities (school, afterschool, sport), planning.... I'm a big planner and hence am very organised.... Except at the moment and it's driving me crazy!

The clutter has spilt over into my life, I have not been eating properly, not planning meals so therefore when it comes time to cooking dinner, I don't have the ingredients and just end up whipping up something easy and not very exciting. I love to cook, but with my disorganised life I don't have time for cooking at the moment. A year ago, I had plenty of time to cook, I would bake often. My son would come home from school and I would whip up a cake or cupcakes or brownies for he and his friends, but I don't do any of that at the moment due to my disorganisation and my kitchen clutter! My laundry seems to pile up and up and up and needs to be organised and put away! I'm drowning in clutter and disorganisation and I can't stand it!

Well just get on with it you say..... yes I know!!!!! But for some reason, I have become consumed by clutter and just don't know where to start, it has become very overwhelming.

So today starts my mission to de-clutter my home and my life and once again become organised!
I have just purchased two books on de-cluttering your home (what do I need a book for! I know what to do, I just need to get on with it). So I will be posting before and after shots as my home cluttering goes along!

Have to love the Kindle App for ipad and you can also put the app on your Mac computer (and on your iphone too), so was able to buy and download the books almost instantly through Amazon!

Photobucket

I purchased the book "De-Cluttering Your Home Made Easy" By Martha Michaels

Photobucket

and "The Clutter Diet"(The Skinny on Organisizing Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life" by Lorie Marrero.

Photobucket



The Clutter Diet has a blog also (http://www.clutterdietblog.com), so I will be following that too! I have no idea if the books are any good, but I will let you know.

I am hoping that my disorganised life will actually become organised once again. But I do feel that there will always be a little part of me that will allow the disorganised to creep back in. I will see how I go.


S xx

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues